Looking for Prevention Opportunities
When filling out this page, think about prevention opportunities at your entire facility, not just areas related to this submittal.
To select a prevention activity, click an entry in the box. To select additional entries, hold down the Control (Ctrl) key while you click.
What is prevention?
Prevention increases efficiency in the use of raw materials, products, energy, water, or other resources and includes:
- Reducing the amount of material used and/or the toxicity of the material used to accomplish any task.
- Reuse of materials or products in its original form.
- Use of repairable, refillable, durable products that result in a longer useful life.
- Redesign of products or processes to ensure a smaller environmental footprint.
- Management practices such as inventory control measure and various housekeeping.
Where would I look for prevention opportunities?
- Production floor — less toxic materials
- Building operations — cooling, heating, energy use, etc.
- Water usage
- Vehicle maintenance and operation
- Break room
Why are we asking for this information?
Responding to these questions is optional. Your responses will not affect the processing of your submittal. Your responses will help identify trends, barriers, and incentives needed to promote prevention practices.
What if I request that someone contact me?
When you request that someone contact you to explore prevention opportunities:
- Someone will follow-up with you by phone or email to discuss potential prevention opportunities.
- You are under no obligation to implement prevention activities.
To contact MPCA e-Services, email email@example.com or call 651-757-2728 or 1-844-828-0942, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday.
MPCA e-Services work best with Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox 3.5 or later.